DONATE TO WSWA
Donations can be accepted through two programs
1. Alberta Government Donation Fund
2. The Vern Oberg Legacy Fund for Water Ski & Wake Alberta (Edmonton Community Fund)
1. If you donate to WSWA through the Alberta Government Donation Program, the funds will come to WSWA for our use for our many programs and events.
THE ABILITY TO DONATE IS NOW ONLINE THRU THE ALBERTA GOVERNMENT DONATION FUND PROGRAM!
The Alberta government will match Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation Donation Fund Program donations beginning April 1, 2022. Up to $350,000 in matching funds are being made available to support sport, physical activity and recreation in the province.
Alberta’s sport, physical activity and recreation programs provide many essential services on which Albertans rely for their physical and mental health, and valued quality of life. This donation-matching campaign builds on donor support of sector programs Albertan enjoy. This support will assist in building the renewed capacity and resiliency of programming in Alberta.
Donations must follow the Donation Fund Program Guidelines and must be given freely, with no benefit to the donor in alignment with Canada Revenue Agency gifting guidelines.
The maximum individual donation match is $1,000.
Eligible sport, physical activity and recreation development programs are those delivered directly or in partnership with the organizations enrolled in the Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation Donation Fund Program.
How to donate
You can now donate online. Click on the Online Donations Button
The Ministry of Culture, Multiculturalism and Status of Women, responsible for Sport, Physical Activity and Recreation, administers the
Donation Fund Program
Which supports the development of sport, physical activity and recreation in Alberta. This includes support for the development of athletes, coaches, officials, instructors, leaders, volunteers, programs, facilities and events.
When you make a donation to the Donation Fund Program, specify Water Ski & Wake Alberta (water ski) as the Sport.
When you donate to the Alberta Government's Donation Fund, the $ comes back to us, WSWA, to use for our programming and events.
Whatever Activity Type you choose
IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE A DONATION THROUGH SPORT, PHYSICAL ACTIVITY AND RECREATION (SPAR) WITH THE ALBERTA GOVERNMENT
1. Please click on the ONLINE DONATIONS Button
2. Donations can now be accepting ONLINE!
3. Choose Waterski as the Program Type (to ensure the Donation comes to WSWA
4. Choose the Activity Type you wish to support. Choices include:
Physical Activity-Recreation Development
5. Select receive official donation receipt by Email
6. When you get your official donation receipt, please send a copy via email to email@example.com and let us know specifically what you choose to support. and we will make sure your funds get to the right activity.
ONLINE DONATIONS AVAILABLE NOW
Thank you for your support!
2. If you donate to WSWA to the Vern Oberg Legacy Fund for Water Ski & Wake Alberta, the funds will go to this Edmonton Community Foundation in our Endowment Fund.
EDMONTON COMMUNITY FUND
When you make a donation, select the Water Ski & Wake Alberta Fund. Amounts >$20 will be issued a tax receipt.
When you donate the ECF fund, the $ goes into our Vern Oberg Legacy Fund.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE A DONATION THROUGH EDMONTON COMMUNITY FOUNDATION:
1. Please click on the DONATION FORM Button below
2. Fill out the Online Donation Form.
3. Under the FUND Option, Select Vern Oberg Legacy Fund for Water Ski & Wake Alberta Fund
4. Pay via Credit Card or PayPal